23 May Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Tulsa, OK
Salary Range: $105,000 – $115,000
The Rowland Group is searching for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for a Tulsa, OK company. This company supports major transportation, oil and gas, power and water projects in Oklahoma and other locations nationally. This position will collaborate with regional leaders in client selection and development, staff mentoring and ensuring delivery of industry-specific solutions to our clients.
- Plan, implement, and manage geotechnical exploration programs including assigning laboratory testing
- Guide staff engineers in performing material and site characterization, seepage, slope stability, and settlement analyses, etc.
- Prepare geotechnical reports, drawings, and specifications for foundations and earthwork for a wide range of projects including transportation, water, retail, hospitality, commercial, etc.
- Support project managers in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks
- Prepare and present technical presentations to clients and technical review boards
- Supervise field observation, testing, and performing site visits
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Lead teams and professionally develop staff at all levels
- Interface with the civil design team to develop and value-engineer practical, fit-for-use geotechnical engineering solutions
- 8-10 years of experience preferred
- Proven experience in geotechnical design, slope stability, design of shallow, mat, and deep foundations, design of retaining walls, and large earthmoving projects
- Proven experience in leading diverse project teams
- Proven experience in capturing business development opportunities and preparing proposals
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, Master of Science degree geotechnical engineering is preferred
- Professional Engineering license required and ability to obtain Oklahoma PE license within 6 months is required
The Rowland Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet 23159