14 Aug Quality Manager – 21501 ENG
Location: Houston, Texas
Salary Range: $100,000
The Rowland Group has partnered with a thriving company in the manufacturing industry who is seeking to add a Quality Manager to their team! The chosen individual will be responsible for overseeing the Quality Control department. This client provides a fantastic company culture and room for advancement.
- Ensure that all materials and workmanship are completed in accordance with ASME, ANSI, UL, STI, API, AWS, AISC, or CWB standards, drawings and specifications, as applicable per site.
- Maintain inspection of materials and finished goods to ensure they meet customer requirements and/or contract specifications, including but not limited to checking welds, welding consumables, base material, cut & formed parts, layout work and coatings.
- Review welding and other specifications and/or requirements for each project as they relate to the quality of fabricated product and work with production and quality teams to solve fabrication challenges.
- Document and segregate non-conforming fabricated material and workmanship.
- Review and work with site management & Plant Manager to address remedies for non-conformances and their prevention.
- Supervise and/or conduct Welder/Welding Operator Qualification Tests to ASME, AWS and/or CWB standards, as applicable per site.
- Maintain annual calibration of welding, bolting and QC inspection equipment, as applicable per site.
- Remain current with AWS CWI, CWB Supervisor and/or Inspector licenses, code analysis, industry standards, procedures and processes, as applicable per site.
- Work with Quality Assurance, as well as Site and Plant Managers to develop annual training programs for new and experienced employees to minimize product non-conformance.
- Represent the company, as needed, on field issues requiring investigation and decisions associated with product quality and conformance.
- Maintain ASME code certifications through required audits. Be the facility’s primary point of contact with Authorized Inspectors & Supervisors as well as Customer/Client Inspectors
- Minimum 5 years in steel welding/fabrication field
- At least 3 years’ experience with ASME pressure vessels and/or piping
- 2+ years in a management or supervisory role
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to read/interpret fabrication drawings, understand weld symbols, read and apply Codes & Standards as well as customer specifications
The Rowland Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/VetSubmit Resume