09 Jul Operations Accountant
Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000
The Rowland Group has an opening for an energetic Operations Accountant with a Manufacturing client in West Houston. The ideal person will be a team player, multi-tasker, and self-starter who is willing to jump in to help others during busy days. The role will include daily Accounting as well as assisting with Operations Support.
- Facilitate the monthly and year end closing processes. Month End Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Produce reports such as cash flow projections, weekly financial reports, etc.
- Support Accounting Supervisor with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, and Cash Flow Management
- Create and maintain customer profiles and establish credit limits and records including, Confidentiality Agreements, Contracts, Insurance Certificates, etc.
- Create and maintain vendor profiles and records such as W9, Sales Tax Exemption Certificates, and Insurance Certificates. Process vendor 1099s
- Lead annual audit and provide information to outside tax consultants
- Review and approve vendor records of incoming and outgoing inventory. Draft and generate AR invoices; approve generated AR invoices generated by operations staff
- Engage in document control for inventory, purchases, sales, etc.
- Work directly with vendors and customers to ensure orders are completed accurately and on time. Issue RFQs to vendors and issue quotes to customers to secure sales
- Issue fabrication orders, purchase orders, sales orders, and material releases
- Assist in year-end physical inventory count and go on-site as needed for inventory counts
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- High attention to detail, initiate, and strong work ethic are required
- Good interpersonal skills as this position requires interfacing with customers and vendors
- Experience with ERP software, Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred
The Rowland Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet 23431Submit Resume